Basic pastel course in realistic pastel techniques
5 years have passed since the release of my first training course!
Since then, I have made a quantum leap in the knowledge of technology, materials and
drawing techniques. Amazing discoveries were made.
Today is the moment when I'm ready to share this with you!
I invite you to join me on this amazing creative journey
in the world of pastels!
I created a program where beginners can start their journey to perfection from the basics,
and experienced artists will learn about my unique practical experience.
If I had passed such a program many years ago, today, my level as an artist
it would be several times higher.
As you will see below, we will draw almost the entire course on Canson mi-teintes. In addition to the fact that this paper is available, it was she who taught me the technique that I possess. She, like no other, teaches an accurate, thoughtful handling of pastel materials, teaches exactly how to feel paper and pastel! Once you learn how to work with it, it will be much easier for you to understand the other types of pastel papers.
Lesson 1 - Materials
- an overview of all types of pastels and basic papers for working in realism.
auxiliary materials, the use of ordinary colored pencils in pastel technique.
budget and premium materials. How and where it is most profitable to buy pastel materials (sign-ups and passwords).
selection of color and type of paper for the plot
Lesson 2 - Preparation for the lesson
video image adjustment, resolution and color rendition
organization of the artist's workplace
lighting, its various options that provide comfort and the necessary color rendering
storage of materials and works.
Lesson 3 - Photos
work on a photo, its search and selection
creating and transferring a drawing to paper
analysis of the main mistakes when drawing from a photo
Lesson 4 - Drawing Technique
exercises and basic techniques when working with crayons and pencils, using their properties
ways to apply pastels on paper
ideal backgrounds, the secrets of creating them on different types of paper, matching with the object
Lessons 5 - 9 Shaders and layers
texture as a condition of a realistic image
layers and stacking order
practicing drawing of various textures, transferring haze and gloss
Lesson 6 - Drawing in monochrome, botany. Work number 1.
In this lesson, you will learn not to be afraid of shadows and to shape volume and depth
We will draw a delicate and realistic flower
Lesson 7 - From monochrome to color, botany. Artwork #1
transition of monochrome work to color
using a minimum amount of colored pastel pencils for transition to multicolor work. I will teach you how to get new shades of your pencils right at work in the process.
Fundamentals of botanical realism, textures, veins,
Lesson 8 - Still life with a candle. Artwork # 2.
volume: light, shadow, reflexes
the image of various textures - glass, wood, metal, fabric, dried flowers, in the environment
features of working on dark paper
Lesson 9 - Elements and details of landscapes
texture of mountains
trees and grass in the foreground and background
Lesson 10 - Landscape. Artwork # 3
We will draw a spectacular evening landscape with many textures, the effect of the sun glowing through the crown of a tree.
Lesson 12 - Animalistic. We will draw a cat on a black background. Artwork # 4
features of textures in animalism, the secrets of drawing realistic wool and mustache
features of layers in animalism and their overlay, sequence
work with details
using different types of pastels
Lesson 13 - Portrait. Artwork # 5
portrait in limited range
we will work out the drawing of the texture of the skin, hair, living eyes
major mistakes when working with photos, correction of photo distortions
All lessons will be available in high definition HD format.
Each lesson will be provided with a list of required materials.
5 works in various genres.
Feedback from the teacher from the beginning to the end of the course.
The process of creating a work is accompanied by steps.
2 options for accessing the course of your choice, 6 and 12 months.
Additional information materials on materials and their properties.
Personal certificate at the end of the course.
The course starts on 01/02/2021 !!!
Until 15.12.2020 you can pre-order with a discount !!!
12 months of access with feedback from the teacher - ̶1̶7̶ ̶5̶0̶0̶ ̶р̶у̶б̶.̶ 11,700 rubles.
6 months of access with feedback from the teacher - ̶1̶4̶ ̶5̶0̶0̶ ̶r̶u̶b̶.̶ 9,700 rubles.
(the final list is being specified and will be published by the end of December, below is what exactly is needed)
- Stabilo Carbothelo, if a set, then at least 48 colors. (or other basic set)
- charcoal black pencil Cretacolor 460 12
- it is desirable to have General's white coal, but you can do without it.
- Basic set of soft (or extra soft) dry pastels about 60 colors. The cheapest option is koh-i-noor extra soft 48), and the best option is Unison basic 63 half stick or 120 half stick. It is good if it contains dark blue and dark green, sometimes they are not included in the basic sets.
In fact, there will not be very many pastels on the course, we will work mainly with pencils. But for the future, crayons are a very important tool for a pastel artist. And in landscapes it is difficult to do without them.
- 1 sheet of black paper Canson mi-teintes * 50x65cm (# 425)
- 1 sheet of black paper Canson mi-teintes touch (No. 425) 30x40cm. (you can use the sheet that is on top, it will go for 2 jobs, but with Canson touch there will be a sample of another paper, this is more interesting)
- 1 sheet Canson mi-teintes * indigo No. 140 50x65sms
- 1 sheet of Canson mi-teintes * No. 431 (steel gray or any other medium gray) 50x65cm.
- 1 sheet of Canson mi-teintes * (The color is still in the process of clarification, but this will be the last lesson, you can take your time with it)
* Canson mi-teintes paper is the best version of regular pastel paper. Not desirable, but you can replace it with pastel Lana or Fabriano of similar shades.
- paper feathers for graphic materials (available in any art, you can take the most inexpensive)
- purple carbon paper
- eraser Milan 4045 or 118, or some other very soft, but these erasers are the best for pastels, and are almost everywhere
- Faber-Castell nag of any color
- breadboard knife with 18mm blade. You can take any knife you like, my favorite is Olfa. But it is more expensive, if possible, I advise you to take at least Olfa blades, they will last much longer and will sharpen pastel pencils better.